Wise Women Won't Wait Any More

Wise Women Won't Wait Any More

Friday, January 6, 2017

I Want to Wake Up in an Alternate Universe

By Faith Chatham Jan. 6, 2017
I usually have a few frends over on Epiphany evening. This year I am not. However one tradition of that gathering got me thinking . each guest was given 2 pieces of paper and two envelopes and asked to write down their wish for the world and then one wish for an individual. We sealed the envelopes and guests would draw them and read ine and others would guess who wrote it.
Since I am observing Epiphany at home alone ths year my personal wish is for myseIf.
My wish for the world is that everything that occurrred after 7 p.m. on election night is a bad dream and we wake up and realise that America's heartland is not overly influenced by White gun totting Protestant preachers and scary duck dynasty mentality voters.. Instead we would know that most Americans from every walk of life refused to be misled and cockoed by false claims and fake news,and instead embraced the canddiate who was most qualified,most ethical, most dedicated to public service instead of personal gain and glory. My wish for the world is that a lunatic not be in clontrol of the world economy and nuclear football.
My wish for myself is similar. I'd like to really be in one of those parallel universes that are hinted of in the plots of sci fi novels and movies. They show how different decisions and actions set into motion different outcomes in parellel universes.
I want to be out of the one we are in where the news is full of neo nazi and Russian influence in our national leadership and images of Donald Trummp about to take contol of the American Presidency with power to appoint judges, heads of agencies and to be Commander in Chief over the US military with US intelligence reporting to him.
I wan to wake up and be fully conscious in a different parellel universe than this one!
I want to be =in the parallel universe where the president elect has assembled a team of the bestsuited, most qualfied, nominees who are dedicated to fulfilling the constitution and legislative mission of each bureau and agency knowing there will be no lining if the pockets through their position for themselves or anyone close to them.sophers and citizens and statemen and stateswomen and public servants rejoice in the inauguration of the woman whose life has always reflected a commitment to enabling as many people as possible to thrive and succeed and soar to their highest, most fulfilled best!
I want to be in the universe where we are confident in the compassion of our top leader(s) instead of fearful because we know how debased and selfish he is and how he is surrounding himself with others who are neither qualified, skilled for the job and who are positioned to further their own financial enrichment more than the nation's common good.

I want to wake up and be in the universe where the people about to fill cabinet and other appointmented positions are the creme of American instead of the scum of the earth.
I want to be in a world where the emphasis is on preserving what is good and improving what isn't quite what it should and can be for the good of everyone, especially for those who are young or generations who come after us instead of skimming off the best for ourselves at the expense of everyone else.
I want to be in a world where political correctness is merely a guideline based on decency and those who cross beyond it are rejected because of how they act, rather than promoted because of how much they own or "who they are." I want to be in a universe where fairness is a value that is practiced instead of scorned and being a deal maker is less important than actually enacting publc policy which works for this nation and for every person in it.

I want to be conscious and present in te universe where little girls and women of my generarion stand together knowing that the best person for the job this time is elected because she is the only man or woman who is as fully capable of leading this nation and world at this point in history.
I want to be in the parallel universe where the president elect has assembled a team of the bestsuited, most qualfied, nominees who are dedicated to fulfilling the constitution and legislative mission of each bureau and agency, knowing there will be no lining if the pockets through their position for themselves or anyone close to them.

I want to be in that parallel universe where Donald Trump is left to his personal devices to work out hisoersonal financial doldrums without it impacting American securty or the American taxpayer.

I want to wake up in the parallel universe where we know that our national leadership is in good hands and is operating for the good of the American citizens. I want to wake up in a universe where I am inspired to do what I can to improve my community in each and every way I can because I am confident and inspired by the people our country has elected to public office and I have confidence in the good judgement of those who live with and around me..
Most of all Iwant ot wake up andrealize that what seems real is merely a bad dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment